Agave at Sunset

12/3/09

I'm an Examiner

     I've just become the Photography Examiner for Examiner.com's Tucson pages.  Examiner is not a blog site. It's a news and entertainment site with comunity pages in cities around the country, and in each city writers (called Examiners) write targeted articles in various areas of specialization.  Mine is photography and the arts, which means that I'll be writing about photography related events and issues in the southwest, as well as general photography information. 
     Writing for Examiner isn't easy -- you apply and provide writing samples, and then you go through a background check. After that you have three days to post your first article within Examiner's publishing tool.  Once your first article is approved you can write on whatever you like within your topic area.  My first article was on astrophotography, an aspect of photography that's especially easy to do under the dark skies of the desert.   Now that it's live on the site, I'll be getting ready to post my next article, which will be about the Casasola project, a collection of Mexican photographs chronicling the Mexican Revolution, now showing at the Arizona State Museum.  I'm making a list of future article ideas --ten and counting so far!
You can follow my articles at www.Examiner.com/Tucson _ Photography.

No comments: