Agave at Sunset

1/27/10

New Things

I've begun looking into how to make slideshows and DVDs of photographs, using them to create a narrative or to tell a story in pictures. In order to do that, I'm building a collection of images on my theme of street art. My next challenge is to find a musical piece that would fit.  It's a new way to work with images and I'm finding photographs I'd forgotten or tucked away in a file folder.

I came across this pic of a door with random paint strokes on it behind some forbidding ironwork, and with a bit of Photoshopping ended up with this piece that suggests the digital abstracts of my mentor and teacher, Ken Milburn.  The door and iron gate were photographed in normal light. Then I increased the brightness and contrast and applied Photoshop's neon glow filter at full opacity.  A bit of grain sharpened the image and provided a little texture. The end result looks as if the paint strokes are floating -- an unexpected but intriguing outcome.

No comments: